Noble Park Aquatic Centre (NPAC)
Council and the YMCA are excited to report that works are well underway on the indoor pool at the Noble Park and Aquatic Centre.
The contractor has advised the indoor pool works are due for completion in mid-October.
Based on these timelines and allowing for the refilling and reheating of the pool Council is anticipating the indoor pool will be fully operational by the end of October.
Works are now well underway on the outdoor pool, with the outdoor pool expected to reopen in December.
Council and the YMCA are working very hard to progress these works as quickly as possible in order to achieve the best outcome for the local community.
Our key priority is to fix the tiling issues that did arise and ensure our state-of-the-art aquatic facilities in Noble Park are fully operational again very soon.
We thank you for your patience and understanding while these important works are completed.
If of course you would like to discuss the impact of the pool works further please don’t hesitate to speak with the Centre Manager at NPAC on 9546 7955.
Address: 9 Memorial Drive, Noble Park
Phone: 9546 7955
Facilities at NPAC
- 50 metre heated outdoor pool
- Ramp access
- Water features
- Boom to enable conversion into two 25 metre pools
- Shade structures over the outdoor pool and for patrons to sit under
- BBQ facilities
- Grass game areas
- Sun lounges
- Melbourne's biggest water slide
- 1/2 basketball court
- Heated indoor program/leisure pool
- Large water splash/play area with tipping buckets and fountains
- Cafe with external access to Ross reserve
- Kiosk servicing the 50m pool
- Group exercise classes
- Circuit, boxing and Les Mills programs
- Light pace (older adults)
- Aqua aerobics
- Multi purpose/training/meeting rooms for casual or permanent hire
- Swim school (Swim and Survive) for all ages, from 6 months to adult
- Birthday parties
- School holiday programs (January)
- Accessible change room facilities with ceiling hoists and adjustable beds
- Women’s only program on Wednesday evenings from 8pm-10pm (learn to swim also available during this time)
The Noble Park Aquatic Centre was formerly known as the Noble Park Swim Centre. It reopened in February 2012, following a $21 million redevelopment.
The project was funded by:
- Greater Dandenong Council ($12.35 million)
- Federal Government ($7.2 million)
- Victorian Government ($1.5 million)
- Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs (0.1 million)